-I embrace every moment
God is Good
and because He is
I am right here
in this very moment-

Friday, June 22

Colossians 3


This is actually a really short chapter - but its like our job description. I guess now that I read the heading " Rules for Holy living"Just sitting here - reading the list over and over again blows me away. I fall short almost every single time. But its written so beautifully - that it makes me want to strive harder to be those qualities. Verse Two starts by saying "set your minds on things above, not earthly thing". So - when we start with step one - so to speak - we have to ask ourselves: what is truly important in my life? Honestly examine ourselves and going deeper than just surface level issues and asks - what really matters to me?Verses 9 and 10 tells us that we have taken off the old self and put on the new self. Doesn't matter who we are - because Christ is in us all which is pretty cool. So then as God's chosen people we are to 'clothe' ourselves, cover ourselves, fill ourselves with all these traits:

- compassion

- gentleness

- kindness

- patience

- humility

- forgiveness

"forgive as the Lord forgave you"Such a powerful statement - and it makes complete sense - but how often do we actually remeber when it comes down to it? we usually forget, or come up with reasons and circumstances for why we don't have to forgive." And love binds tehse together perfectly" - If I could have this love - I could make such a difference - but that's silly, because I can make a difference even if I am not perfect. It's all how you look at things and choose to do things.I have to quote this whole next section. It is so beautiful.


" Let the peace of Christ rule
Let the word of Christ dwell
Teach and Admonish one another with all wisdom
Sing songs, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude
-Whatever you do, in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God."
So, anything I do - everything I do - is all - should be all in Jesus name -
Makes you think twice sometimes....


Ecclesiastes 3:17
"I thought in my heart
God will bring judgement
both the righteous and the wicked
for there will be a time
for every activity
a time forevery deed"

No comments: