Ok - so this is my temporary theme song - so sad that its nickleback but that is besides the point. Its just funny how so many people think about it and agree that we need to start living like its our last day - but how many of us actually ever do? I have been going through James with my small group and yesterday we went through Chapter 4 and the last verse kind of stuck out to me - I've heard it before so its nothing new but it was just kind of blunt.
"Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins"
I also think of the wonderful gift that God has given each one of us. And I speak for myself when I say that it is often wasted with useless things. The time we have here on earth should be used carefully and dilligently. We are presented with opportunities everyday to do good, think good, and speak good into others - we just need to keep our eyes and ears peeled. OR rather just focused on the father above and we will be shown. So, we should not hesitate. Every moment is a moment that can be used for the greater glory of the one who made us. What holds us back from doing good except that which is our own selfish desire?
1 comment:
Amen. I 100% agree. There are a hundred little situations every day that give us a chance to let God's love shine through us to the world. I think in the end, we're not just going to be judged on the things we've done right or wrong, but for all the things we didn't do when we knew we should have.
Post a Comment