-I embrace every moment
God is Good
and because He is
I am right here
in this very moment-

Thursday, April 9

No Title

Something that I have yet to grasp in its fullness - is the presence of God in my life.
- I know all the right things - like yeah he is everywhere, always with me, cares about us and isn't just the big guy in the sky. But yet I go about my daily tasks as if I am alone - I try to conquer everything by myself, because I am the only one who understands me. I've heard the preacher speak about inviting God to spend every moment with us... but who actually really does that and is successful. It sounds all good and nice but I haven't been able to do it. Skeptical - maybe. Anyways, how do we get to that point of realizing Gods presence around us all the time?
- for me this morning, it was just kind of declaring the fact that God is right beside me. and imagining Him right beside me and then sort of talking to him. (i was in class mind you) I kind of started to recite all the things I know to be true about God, and then taking to them to heart and declaring them to be true in my own heart. I thought it was quite interesting. I've never been able to pray very well... There have been a few times when I knew God was listening but... only a few times. I can read the bible all I want - but the point is to make it real, make God real. I don't know why thats so difficult for me. to be personal with him.
I know that in order for me to be able to love people - I have to personally know the love that Christ has for me and let it dwell in me - so that it can flow out.

No comments: