-I embrace every moment
God is Good
and because He is
I am right here
in this very moment-

Thursday, May 6

So, I read through the second half of Psalm 119 last night. I never realized how much he talks about Gods perfect laws/precepts/statutes and whatever other synonyms you can think of. Practically every other verse mentions something about it. It got me thinking about how I keep telling myself that I don't know where to start in my spiritual walk with God - but this Psalm made something clear to me. That I need to just simply seek after the heart of God and his laws and precepts. It's not really complicated at all (as my brain likes to make things occasionally). Studying and learning about what God commands of us is the first step to doing. If I don't make myself familiar with who God is and what he wans for our lives - how on earth am I going to even start living it out? That is why we are told to write it on our hearts.

.

" I Have hidden your word in my heart so that I might not sin against you" - Psalm 119:11

.

"If God's word is carved in our hearts, we will be more able to resist the assaults of Satan and therefore the prophet desires God to instruct him daily more and more in it" - Geneva Study bible

.

"Hid- I have laid it up in my mind like a choice trasure, to be ready upon all occasions to counsel, quicken, or caution me." - John Wesley's Notes on the bible

.

These pretty much sum up what I'm thinking. I didn't even mean for the verse to be from Psalm 119, nor wesley's comment to completely tie in my thoughts about even my previous blog (storing up treasures in heavan rather than here on earth) Slowly it all comes together.

No comments: