-I embrace every moment
God is Good
and because He is
I am right here
in this very moment-

Tuesday, April 15

Once Upon a time there was me, who liked to make hasty decisions.... I usually like to think that I think things through and take my time, but I still end up making silly decisions at the spur of a moment. Just because I think I know everything. Or close to it anyways. I think its funny when I look back, I can see what I should have done and I ike to ask myself or reprimand myself for not doing what I should have. I sometimes feel like I am the only one who goes through this thought process. I will sometimes make up my mind not to do something such as, for example, not ordering fries and a drink so as to save money.... but then when I get up to the register and see the menu my mind or my hunger seems to instantly overpower any common sense that I had minutes before. Or when I made up my mind to not date and concentrate on God and Work and Saving for school - as soon as someone came along that I thought would be a good candidate and things started rolling along - I went against my previous judgement and went for what I wanted at the moment. The power of desire always seems to overcome my good sense and my morals. The question now is simply this: not how do we get rid of these desires that overcome us, rather with what do we replace them with? For we simply cannot just get rid of them for either they will not go away or new ones will just surface to take their place. If we attpemt to discard of them we are left with a void and we will never be satisfied. So, what to we replace this desire with? I have come to realise that the only one that will ultimately satisfy is the desire to know and serve God. I need to immerse myself in knowing God and letting him be my friend, father and Lord most of all. When we come to realise that he is everything - we will never thirst again. The only way that God is able to become that desire that is central in our hearts is if one: we let him, two: we earnestly start to get to know him. Once we shift our line of thinking we are on the right track.
C.S. Lewis said " you can be on the right track but you will still get run over if you don't start going in the same direction." So I need to get off my butt and start going with what I already know and have...

Wonderful.

No comments: