As I've experienced many times... God likes to make themes of events and sermons and such. However - this weeks theme was Living a life on loan. or Live like its your last day (sort of)
There are cookie dough prints all over my keyboard right now - I was using it for baking recipes last night.
off track =) Anyhow... I'm sure I've already touched on this several times, but I guess that just means it is important. So often I find myself wasting time. Whether it be on the internet downloading, lounging around, contemplating studying, or just plain stalling. So many moments are wasted doing our own thing. I speak for myself on this more because that is what I have been doing lately. I wait for God to speak, move, do something spectacular, or something because my life feels empty. I am irritable, quick to judge, tired, and not on my game.
I am quick to try and convince myself that tomorrow I will try harder, tomorrow I will start doing the right thing. I want today to myself. Just one more day for myself. The sermon hit home.... because I know what I have to do and yet I honestly try and avoid it at all cost. God is waiting for me right now. Our lives are borrowed time and a gift from God. There are opportunities to serve God everyday. He is with us every step of the way and yet I am the first to exclude him from so many things. Things would be so different if I tried to walk every moment, not just when there is time. It is actually quite selfish to waste time - the more I think about it. If we claim to be christian then time is precious and we should be seeking for Gods best in every single moment.
- kind of a brief unedited version - =) I had to write it or I would forget
No comments:
Post a Comment