-I embrace every moment
God is Good
and because He is
I am right here
in this very moment-

Thursday, July 19

2 Corinthians 3:2-5

You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. - 2 corinthians 3: 2-5

.

.

It's funny, or maybe amazing is the better word - but I was reading in my teen bible and there was a letter from a girl who was very lonely and the respone from Sam was 2 corinthians 1 verse 3 -4 which praises God for being all comfort. Not that I am lonely, but I liked the sound of the verse and went to read it. Being silly me I went tot he facing page automatically andl ooked for verses 3 - 4 not even checking the chapter. Anyhow - Read chapter 3 instead and how much more did I need to hear that. Almost like " don't feel sorry for yourself Erin. thats not your problem right now. You need to trust in me, put your coinfidence in your God, not yourself. You can't do it on your own. I am here for help, to be right by your side. Draw near to me and I will take care of you. I want you to takethat step Erin - take that step and let go ofyourself. I know you don't feel worthy to ask for help but you have to put your confidence in me and my way of doing things."

I know the verses don't quite refer to that - but that is exactly what went through my brain as I read those verses - as well as this doesn't sound like anything about comfort. But in actual fact it was more comfort.

No comments: