-I embrace every moment
God is Good
and because He is
I am right here
in this very moment-

Thursday, July 12

Life is what you make it...

So, I was thinking.... I know a lot of complainers, worriers and criticizers. It actually relates back to the "sovereignty" sermon. But anyways. I include myself in this category - not proudly but honestly.
I notice also - that when I look deep down into myself - and why I actually am complaining
I see that it stems down from inside me
Not all from the other party involved.
Why do we hurt people we know - to make ourselves feel better? wow that's really mature.
It's an inner cry - saying that we're not happy with what God has given or taken from us.
We are essentially saying that God hasn't put us in the right place.... He wasn't thinking, or that he made a mistake putting us here.
We are saying that He didn't make that other person right...
He didn't?
Since when did we ever stop trusting God
and the fact that he is in control...
It will be OK in the end.
We shouldn't be worrying about what other people are doing... why?
what is the point?
We are all accountable to God - individually
I won't be able to say -- well God, you see - billy wasn't doing his fair share
so I can't help it that it didn't get done.
I will not be able to say - my parents didn't set a good example for me growing up... so its not my fault.
How stupid does that sound?
When am I going to stop sitting here, and worrying about other people?
God made billy the way he is
and God made me the way I am
I should love him for who he is, and be thankful that we are not all the same
What kind of disaster would that be?
So say for instance, you all of a sudden are in an accident and you can't write with your right hand anymore (left in my case)
Are you going to sit there and complain about it?
or are you going to learn to write with your other hand?
When I criticize others - is it because I want to hurt them?
Is it because I want to feel superior?
Or divert the attention from my own flaws to someone Else's?
When I complain about something -
why am I complaining?
basically, I am implying that God's plan is no good.
- he made me badly.
God made a mistake...
Or did he.
So, pretty much, I have two choices when it comes to some situation that I am unhappy with.
I can complain - which gets me absolutely nowhere
or I can choose to embrace it for what it actually is.
Its life.
It happens
- quite regularly actually.
So lets start doing what were supposed to and enjoying every moment of it
.
.
.
we don't give God enough credit
.
.
.

Matthew 6:25-34
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments: