-I embrace every moment
God is Good
and because He is
I am right here
in this very moment-

Wednesday, July 11

In this....

I had this stellar idea for a blog..... well I felt the urge to write something, but I can't remember what it was. I'm reading like three books right now -- yeah yeah nerdish I know... or maybe not.
They all have the same theme - although they are completely different in genre, motives and everything else possibly in the book realm. Okay - maybe theme is the wrong word... but underneath everything there is always a tone of religion.... "god is not great" of course is straight out pure attack on religion. I am having a hard time reading this book with an UN-biased mind because of course, being christian I want to jump out of my chair and go have a conversation with this guy and tell him what I think... but I'm sure hes got a million letters to read and hundreds of people to see so why would my letter even make a difference... I wouldn't even want to try and convince this man of anything -- just kind of talk to him. It blows my mind away.. I cannot wrap my finger around it. But i still have half the book to go. So we will see....
"the life of Pi" is well - the beginning part is - this boy's journey in being a Christian, Muslim and Hindu all at the same time. His thoughts and perspectives on religion were quite interesting --- these coming from a 15 year-old boy.
"the girl who loved the swastika" - I can't say much about this one yet as I have only started it... But the review on the back talks about atheism and such.
Religion - is a huge part of everyone's life. Well atleast underneath I think. Look around -- see if you can even see religion in the background.

No comments: