This is something I don't want to forget - yet I'm sure that anyone reading this will not have the same appreciation as I did.
I was in the elevator with my co-worker Irene and an elderly man. Let me get you into the mood here. Usually downtown elevators become sullen and awkwardly silent when two perfectly strange parties enter the same cramped quarters. Today though, This man was smiling away to himself. Irene broke the silence asking " did you win the lottery? your so happy today!"
"what that?" He replies with a bright smile -- pauses for not even a quarter of a second "the rain is stopped, how's that? - gotta savour the little things you know"
He was the cheeriest and lively old man I've seen. And it was so cute!
Maybe that is my inner girl coming out - but it rang so true. It seriously made my day. I will never see him again, and he will never see me again. He will probably not even remember my face - so oblivious to the fact that He made my day. Two perfect strangers, collide for not even a minute. How many times do we tend to forget that the little things are good too.
I get so busy with life sometimes that - what is it? - I forget to stop and smell the roses.
Stop - must have time to enjoy that little bird, or that special flower in the garden.. or that person who did something nice today - or do something small but spontaneous for another.
. How often is it that we can stop and just be happy for the sake of being happy. ?
I was in the elevator with my co-worker Irene and an elderly man. Let me get you into the mood here. Usually downtown elevators become sullen and awkwardly silent when two perfectly strange parties enter the same cramped quarters. Today though, This man was smiling away to himself. Irene broke the silence asking " did you win the lottery? your so happy today!"
"what that?" He replies with a bright smile -- pauses for not even a quarter of a second "the rain is stopped, how's that? - gotta savour the little things you know"
He was the cheeriest and lively old man I've seen. And it was so cute!
Maybe that is my inner girl coming out - but it rang so true. It seriously made my day. I will never see him again, and he will never see me again. He will probably not even remember my face - so oblivious to the fact that He made my day. Two perfect strangers, collide for not even a minute. How many times do we tend to forget that the little things are good too.
I get so busy with life sometimes that - what is it? - I forget to stop and smell the roses.
Stop - must have time to enjoy that little bird, or that special flower in the garden.. or that person who did something nice today - or do something small but spontaneous for another.
. How often is it that we can stop and just be happy for the sake of being happy. ?
Do you know any people like that - or have they crossed your path?
I want to be that person - I'll never know if they care or not.
But I want to be that familiar stranger that you possibly pass by
and remember that funny thought, that good thought.
Or that little gesture
Love Life.
Live It.
No comments:
Post a Comment